Reading Week is the scheduled week off for students in graduate schools where there are no classes so they can take the week to research course information for the next term and begin studying madly in order to excel beyond their wildest dreams….. NOT!
Time For A Break
Everyone knows that winter break in February/March is used by most students as a time to relax, let loose and have fun with friends before the next school term begins. Some plan to remain in their city of study, some return to their home towns, and others plan to get away to a holiday destination.
Reading? It’s not likely that the economics books or science texts will even be opened during this time and the only reading which will occur will be on Twitter, Tumbler and other social media accounts to keep them in the know of which parties are occurring and where. While this may be a bit of an exaggeration, it’s not necessarily a bad thing that students take this time to reconnect with friends and maybe family. Everyone needs a break from stressors; take a time to mentally regroup, and subsequently be ready to go hard and steady for the following term.
Whether you’re talking trips, parties, keggers etc., you need an organizer or a group organizing this to make it happen. Everyone wants their event to be successful, where the words “Wasn’t THAT a party!” are repeated over and over again. It all starts with a great idea. There are basic things to consider once the idea is formulated.
Your Party Planning Checklist
- Where will the party will take place
- Date of the party
- Time the party will start and goal for ending
- Details guests need to know – food? drinks? theme? passport required?
- Costs – will you charge an attendance fee to offset costs of food, kegs, next day cleaning lady? Or lodging fees if its a destination trip?
- Goodwill – Are you considering adding a charitable cause for your party where donations can be made to a community organization?
- Theme – do you want to sell themed t-shirts etc. to get everyone in the spirit?
- Who will be invited
- Collect your money safely
- Get the word out – social media, email etc…
If you’re wanting to do something for Reading Week now is the time to get on it!
Eventastic.com is your free online party and event tool helping you plan and manage easily. Have fun creating your party or excursion invite using photo and video technology, ticketing, registration, and more. Start Now!