Yes…. That’s me and my dad!
Father’s Day is the one time of the year where everyone is reminded to share their love and appreciation to their father or the person who has taken on a ‘Fatherly role’ in their lives. I try to share my appreciation and love throughout the year for all the love, support and assistance my dad is so quick to give to me and my family but still find myself in the card aisle this time of year reading all the funny and sentimental Father’s Day cards; trying to find the perfect one to give.
My Favourite Father’s Day Quotes:
– “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Abby Prevost
– “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
– “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
– “There should be a children’s song: ‘If you’re happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your dad sleep.'” – Jim Gaffigan
– “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every day.” – Mike Myers
– “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth
– “Insanity is hereditary – you get it from your kids.” – Sam Levenson
– “My father didn’t tell me how to live, he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budinton Kelland
– “I love how we don’t even need to say out loud that I’m your favourite child.” – unknown
– “Dad, thanks for always helping me out financially so I can focus on being an independent woman.” – unknown
– “A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail…” – unknown
Cheers to all Dads from the Eventastic team!