Wow time flies! Take advantage of the last long weekend of the summer before everyone heads back into their regular routine. Use that extra day to gather friends and plan for a good time.
Take initiative! Start planning now.
Send your friends invites using Eventastic and remind them about the last hurrah of summer you’re planning.
Add a video to your invite or event page to really hammer out the point that this last bash is a must attend! Have fun being goofy in front of the camera and remind friends why this is a weekend they don’t want to miss.
Eventastic’s ticketing function helps easily split the cost between you and your friends and make sure you come out on track with your budget! Whether you are planning a barbeque, a pool party, a weekend at the cottage, vineyard or resort trip, the last thing you want is to be stuck with a massive bill for food and other expenses.
If some friends can’t make it, no worries!
Have attendees upload photos using Eventastic’s photo sharing technology so friends can see the images all in one place. After seeing all the fun all of you had they’ll be sure not to miss next year’s end of year party! Plus, looking back on these fun photos may help you get through the summer blues in the later months of winter.
Here’s to hoping warm weather continues well after the long weekend. Start planning your awesome last long weekend of summer bash!
The Weekend Is Here!
What a wonderful time of year with people planning summer outings and party invites flying around for backyard barbecues and fun with friends. Cottage country is hopping with fun loving people beaching it or cruising to one another’s cottages in boats of all sizes, shapes and speeds. Patios are packed with patrons loving the opportunity to wine and dine outdoors with others feeling the same enthusiasm. Campgrounds are filled with people needing to embrace the open air and out-of-doors environment. Yes…It’s a great feeling!
Get away for the weekend!
Who doesn’t like to plan a weekend away during the summer months to spend time with friends or family and wind down for a few days! Whether camping or cottaging there is a basic list of items I always consider as necessities to help make my weekend more enjoyable.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Check the long range forecast and then be prepared for anything is my moto! You can pack light but still be prepared for colder temperatures which you’re bound to experience this time of year later in the evenings while sitting around a campfire
- Personal Accessories – Sunglasses, water bottle, appropriate footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, chargers, comb/brush, shampoo, soap, lotions, towels, deodorant, floss, toothpaste, shaver/gel, toilet paper
- Entertainment Items – Deck of cards, music & portable speakers, games, football, volleyball, book of ghost stories, magazines/novel for quiet moments
- Location Necessities – Depending on where you are going/staying; tent, sleeping bag, bedding, pillow, BBQ, propane, lawn chairs, campfire wood, utensils
- Medications/First Aid Items – Remember personal meds, antihistamine for allergies, pain reliever, antacid, bug spray, bandages, antibacterial lotion and spray
- Food and Cooking Tools – Check with ‘party coordinator’ on what is needed or would be helpful. Aside from main meals you’ll need to consider snacks and drinks. Paper towels, garbage bags and resealable plastic bags are always helpful.
If you are planning a weekend get away with friends, Eventastic offers a great online platform where you can create your party invite with picture, video and photo sharing options PLUS when guests use the registration option on the site they can message back with things they plan to bring such as potluck items or otherwise. The photo sharing option will be lots of fun for weeks following the party as friends share their pictures of the memories made.
Have a great weekend!