Spring is coming! The snow will be melting away, the early birds will be chirping and people will be excited about getting outdoors whether it’s to do yard cleanup, go for walks and chat with neighbours they haven’t seen over the winter months.
Many neighbourhood associations, whether formally established as such or simply made out of having a specific list of residents in a particular area encourage parties/events as one of the options to bring people closer together. Getting to know your neighbours is not only advantageous in possibly building new friendships but also encourages information sharing regarding pertinent issues such as crime prevention, neighbourhood projects, traffic issues, etc…
Having a neighbourhood Easter Egg Hunt is just one way a community can get together for fun and leisure so everyone once again becomes familiar with faces (sometimes new over the winter months), names and news. Here are a few simple steps to organizing and accomplishing your neighbourhood Easter egg hunt.
- Establish the people who will organize and buy/hide candy.
- Make your Eventastic online invite including cover photos (neighbourhood kids, Easter candy, theme related, etc.), fun video option, event details (including the where, start time, reply by date etc), registration tickets (per child so fee covers cost of candy to be purchased), photo album/sharing so everyone can add photos during and after the event
- Send Eventastic invites page link to all those to be included and shared around
- Establish the number of attendees by the responses and purchase enough wrapped candy (or candy put in the coloured plastic eggs) knowing kids will be finding multiples
- Ensure someone is available to distribute and hide the candy a short time prior to the event and that someone is able to actually start and end the hunt
- Consider a drinks/snacks option on someone’s driveway or in a garage (depending on weather) for fun chatting during and after the event
Having an invite where people can respond and pay online will make your event planning much easier. It can be a tedious/overwhelming job if you have to create/print up and distribute flyers advertising your event, spend time going door to door trying to catch people when they are home and collect and hold all the monies.
We hope you consider using Eventastic for your neighbourhood event!
It’s a behaviour one has hopefully learned very early in life. We are taught to help others in pre-school and throughout our education. We are encouraged through family life and religious affiliations to help others. To do something to benefit another individual or group through sharing, comforting, teaching etc. is what helping others is all about and in doing so you quickly learn the multiple benefits of this action.
Benefits of Helping Others
There are multiple reasons why one should consider helping others whether through everyday living, volunteering, teaching or otherwise. When you help others you:
- Feel satisfaction in knowing you have made a positive contribution
- Feel an increase in self worth
- Let others know they are important
- Make connections with others
- Acknowledge and recognize your ability to assist where help is needed
- Make a difference
- Feel gratification through the rewards of positive feedback
- Feel pleasure and happiness
- Feel fulfillment with increased sense of purpose
- Show others the importance of helping and inspire them to do so
Helping in Your Own Community
Communities benefit from people willing to help people. Not necessarily earth shattering news but sometimes we get so caught up with our busy lives we forget how extra efforts to help others can make a difference in making the world a better place.
Not sure where to start? Here’s a short inspirational list to get you thinking.
- Consider volunteering with an organization or group in your community
- Ask friends or workmates to join you in organizing/participating in a small or large fundraiser
- Ask neighbours to assist and participate with a street party or garage sale with donations to a local charity
- Search for fundraisers or events in your community and call to offer assistance
- Offer help to someone in need
- Make a donation
- Offer assistance with a program or event offered through your religious affiliation and/or school
- Offer assistance with a local sports/recreational team
- Teach skills you have to others
- Organize a support group for a cause needing attention
Whether it’s opening a door for someone, baking for a bake sale, assisting with a car wash, gathering items for a community garage sale or assisting with a large gala, you have the ability to make a difference!
Eventastic is event software you can use to invite guests, manage RSVPs, successfully promote/market events, sell tickets and merchandise and accept donations for any cause you choose! Consider using Eventastic for your next party, fundraiser or event. Get started here.
Photo sharing prior to, during and after events has become a highly engaging and interactive component of an event and often influences the overall success of an event. Technology now allows you to share digital photos online right from the event invitation, streaming during the event itself and subsequently online following the event.
Benefits of Event Photo Sharing
- Creates a Mood
- Shares information
- Inspires future event interest
- Encourages future event attendance
- Adds an interactive point of interest
- Stimulates conversation at event and through social media
Whether having a personal home party, planning a work related event (seminars, meetings etc..), organizing a fundraiser (special charity, sporting group etc…) you can easily grab the interest of your guests or participants through photo sharing. Potential guests respond well to photos specifically chosen to advertise your event and give a preview of what’s to come.
Event Photo Inspiration
- Home party invites are more fun when guests receive an invite with pictures of past get-togethers, funny quotes or even fun party themed selfies!
- Seminars and business related events will be more intriguing to attend if attendees receive photos of the venue, speakers, previous successes, etc.
- Fundraising and charity event invites carry more meaning and are more intriguing with photos of the charity logo, people/children/pets evoking emotion, pictures of scheduled entertainment, previews of silent auction items, etc.
- Entertainment events like music and theatre performances are advertised with more success when multiple photos of the performers/audience are shared with potential guests.
Beneficial in More Ways Than One
Photo sharing at events has proven not only beneficial for the event host in terms of enticing participation and event promotion (present and future), it is also of great benefit for the participants/guests. Having information/photos streamed during an event is a great way of participants keeping informed, taking notes if applicable, inspiring conversation and encouraging relationship building. These days everyone has a smartphone with abilities to take photos but rarely does a person attending an event have the time or opportunity to capture all the various moments they wish to have as a remembrance. Eventastic gives the event host the tools with options of allowing guests to share digital photos before, during and after an event . Guests appreciate the opportunity to have and share photos from great events they have attended. What a great way of expanding the social media aspect of an event through guests’ participation.
Technology is ever changing. Taking advantage of tools offered is a great way of supplementing your event and adding to the guests’ experience. Make your next event Eventastic!
Effectively Marketing Your Valentine’s Dinner Package with Online Reservation Software
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and you’ve probably already seen all the Valentine’s cards, candy, jewellery and other gift items appearing in stores enticing you to get in the mood for a romantic evening in February. Many couples enjoy getting out of the house, away from their own kitchens on Valentine’s Day and booking a nice dinner for two at a favourite restaurant. It is here that they can relax, sit back and enjoy a savory meal whipped up by a chef often demonstrating their artistic flair for a couple in love.
Now is the time that restaurants start planning their menus for Valentine’s Day and how to make their venue special for their guests. Restaurants recognize Valentine’s Day is the day of love and the possibilities of proposals happening at their establishment is high on this day.
Running a Restaurant or V-Day Hot Spot? 3 Things To Consider…
- Decor – Make it feel romantic. Consider adding roses for centerpieces, rose petals sprinkled on tables, crystals dazzling place settings, touches of red whether table cloths or napkins, special calligraphy menu place cards
- Menu – Add flair to your already amazing menu by making it even more special. Think special sauces that add that extra touch and definitely a few chocolate dessert options. Presentation is key so don’t skip the artistic flair.
- Marketing/Advertisement – Use marketing tools that will effectively get the word out about the evening you have planned and entice new guests to book a reservation. Eventastic is an easy to use marketing tool that is flexible to use for any type of event!
Eventastic Marketing with a Twist
It’s really easy to create a custom event page, and free to do so! You can enjoy making your custom event page and invitations to entice customers by using innovative technological features. These features that make it easy for you to customize are:
- Profile Picture – use your restaurant name/logo or another picture depicting your planned Valentine’s evening.
- Cover Photos – upload as many photos as you’d like to display the evening and mood. Photos of a couple clinking glasses, savory main course options, heavenly desserts offered that evening, planned table settings etc…Really use these images to display your style.
- Video Option – take advantage of the video option by uploading a video of the entertainer you may have planned, or a personal invite from the owner or hostess expressing how they plan to make the evening special.
- Dinner Packages – Eventastic has an option for selling tickets on your event page. This is a perfect opportunity for you to sell reservation times for the cost of the couple Valentine’s Package Dinner. i.e.: 20 tables – sell twenty 5pm reservation times, twenty 6pm reservation times…etc.
- Sell Merchandise – give your guests options of having a glass of champagne upon arrival, roses, special favors etc in addition to the dinner package; all ordered prior to the evening!
- Social Media Exposure – share your Valentine’s party package for two on all social media channels easily and make it easy for your customers to find you on social media.
There is no limit to you expressing your creativity through the use of the extremely flexible marketing tools Eventastic offers. Start your Valentine’s Day event page now and get the word out effectively!