With the holiday season here, life’s everyday pace is speeding up with preparations galore for personal and business activities and events. Everyone is involved at some level in planning get togethers to bring cheer and good wishes to all those around.
It’s the time of year where people express their love and generosity to others whether family, friends or through business ties and community based events. It’s a perfect time of year for giving to those less fortunate and to charities needing your support.
If you, your business or community are planning an event this holiday season, please consider adding a charitable option for those attending and even those unable to attend. It may be a cause that is near or dear to yourself or something relevant in your community that would benefit from the generosity of others.
It’s easy to let attendees know ahead of the event any details of what you would like to raise money for and why. Event attendees not only like to be given the opportunity, but like the ease of giving to something close to home. Let attendees know that their donation whether large or small has the potential to make a big difference in someone’s life.
Eventastic is an innovative platform enabling event organizers to create their online event invite with registration abilities and quickly create and share customizable tickets on their website or any social feeds. Ticketing is just one small part of what we offer our clients in making every event a success. As one of the features, Eventastic gives the event organizer the option of adding a donation button on their event invitation allowing those attending and even those who are unable to attend, to contribute to a cause of the organizers choice.
Simply indicate your intention of adding a donation box to your invite by clicking the donation feature. Upload a logo or relevant picture for your cause with a short description. People viewing the invite can then donate using Visa, Mastercard or PayPal and choose to do so anonymously if they so desire.
Eventastic has made it simple for you to help others through your parties and events whether for personal, business or community purposes this holiday season. Click Start Now to begin making a difference.
It’s a behaviour one has hopefully learned very early in life. We are taught to help others in pre-school and throughout our education. We are encouraged through family life and religious affiliations to help others. To do something to benefit another individual or group through sharing, comforting, teaching etc. is what helping others is all about and in doing so you quickly learn the multiple benefits of this action.
Benefits of Helping Others
There are multiple reasons why one should consider helping others whether through everyday living, volunteering, teaching or otherwise. When you help others you:
- Feel satisfaction in knowing you have made a positive contribution
- Feel an increase in self worth
- Let others know they are important
- Make connections with others
- Acknowledge and recognize your ability to assist where help is needed
- Make a difference
- Feel gratification through the rewards of positive feedback
- Feel pleasure and happiness
- Feel fulfillment with increased sense of purpose
- Show others the importance of helping and inspire them to do so
Helping in Your Own Community
Communities benefit from people willing to help people. Not necessarily earth shattering news but sometimes we get so caught up with our busy lives we forget how extra efforts to help others can make a difference in making the world a better place.
Not sure where to start? Here’s a short inspirational list to get you thinking.
- Consider volunteering with an organization or group in your community
- Ask friends or workmates to join you in organizing/participating in a small or large fundraiser
- Ask neighbours to assist and participate with a street party or garage sale with donations to a local charity
- Search for fundraisers or events in your community and call to offer assistance
- Offer help to someone in need
- Make a donation
- Offer assistance with a program or event offered through your religious affiliation and/or school
- Offer assistance with a local sports/recreational team
- Teach skills you have to others
- Organize a support group for a cause needing attention
Whether it’s opening a door for someone, baking for a bake sale, assisting with a car wash, gathering items for a community garage sale or assisting with a large gala, you have the ability to make a difference!
Eventastic is event software you can use to invite guests, manage RSVPs, successfully promote/market events, sell tickets and merchandise and accept donations for any cause you choose! Consider using Eventastic for your next party, fundraiser or event. Get started here.