I have had the great pleasure on several occasions to attend Silent Auctions at various sporting charity galas (sometimes to my husband’s dismay) and have had great fun browsing the items and attempting to out bid other bidders for items I simply MUST HAVE. Whether they be items relating to decor, sporting memorabilia, art, and personals like jewelry and gift baskets; there are always several items that draw a lot of attention causing great excitement in the room. On more than one occasion, my husband has pulled up the car following a Silent Auction to help load all our new treasures. The drive home is often a mix of our excitement and satisfaction in how we were able to give to the cause and how we had a bidding war with Mr. or Mrs ______ on a certain item.
New Technology for Silent Auctions
As an advocate for Silent Auctions, I worked closely with the Eventastic development team to create an effortless way for event organizers to include silent auctions as part of their fundraiser. Eventastic’s Silent Auction Feature allows people to browse & get excited about silent auction items months prior to the event while viewing the organizer’s ticketing page holding all event details.
By creating your FREE account with Eventastic.com and utilizing the Silent Auction feature, you will:
- 1.Not need additional people to staff the event
- 2.Provide sponsors far more visibility
- 3.Auto generate bid sheets and details
- 4.Give participants the opportunity to view items prior to the event
- 5.Totally streamline the payment process
- 6.Avoid line ups and cash out chaos
Tips to a Successful Silent Auction
We know that every fundraising dollar is a struggle. Silent Auctions are held to maximize revenue for a fundraising event. Your goal is to make as much money for your worthy cause as you can and have participants leave the event happy so they will look forward to a future similar event.
Tips to host a successful silent auction:
- 1.Keep it simple for participants both to participate and cash out
- 2.Offer information about the silent auction far in advance
- 3.Display a list of silent auction items prior to the event to stir excitement
- 4.Highlight sponsors’ names with each item giving them more visibility prior to and throughout the event (more likely to donate again at future events)
- 5.Have a variety of items available for auction that appeal to various ages, interests and genders
- 6.Have an energetic clear speaking person to MC the event
- 7.Use a projector and screen to optimize communication and create excitement
If you’re thinking of having a silent auction at your event Eventastic.com is the event platform to use.
Simplify the silent auction process with Eventastic
Eventastic offers creative ticketing experiences for participants. It is a stand alone solution bundled with a vast array of event planning tools using innovative technology. Have your participants eager for this and next years event and maximize your ability to increase revenue! FREE for FREE events! FREE for you when you pass along our low fees to purchasers.
Plus now you can sign up for our PRO Branded Version for only $1/month licensing fee and receive more ticketing type options, have funds flow directly to you, receive a branded listings page displaying all your offerings linkable to your website, custom registration forms and MORE! Click here to get started.
When your sibling are all grown up and starting their own families, it becomes less important to buy the perfect gift for one another and more important to spend time together. Of the course, the kids are different, enjoying the magic of the season, but as adults the real gift is time together. This realization has impacted the concept of holiday giving. Fortunately, it is more common that siblings and adults within a family would rather help a family in need than buy each other something that they likely could do without.
Charities are making it easy
Charities have begun to put together packages and gift catalogs such as Adopt -A-Family, Community vegetable garden, or School in a Box that make it easy for a family to make a large donation that makes a significant difference to those on the receiving end.
As a family, small contributions between several people add up to a large sum that has the potential to significantly impact the livelihood and well-being of another family. What a great Christmas gift to give one another, to open your hearts to others in need.
Coordinating the Donation
Coordinating this type of thing can be a bit of a pain since the initial coordinator would have to collect the monies for each individual contributor. We understand how busy the holidays can be. Eventastic makes it really easy for you to share the holiday donation plan and collect the donations.
1. Create an event on Eventastic – Include any details such as the date you would like to have the donations by, who will be benefiting and how.
2. Add donation options and set your goal so your family can send their financial contributions
3. Share the event with your family. To share it with more people or have the family pass it on, make the event public.
Once the donations are collected, check out and make the group donation to the charity!
Movember is an annual event which runs for the month of November. Its goal is to raise awareness and monies in connection to prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health challenges. Hopefully through mass participation, all men will have more discussion and become more aware of their health, taking the time to be checked for any issues that are noted. Here are some stats you may not be aware of:
- 1 in 7 men will develop prostate cancer during his lifetime
- 1 in 28 men will die of prostate cancer
- A man dies from prostate cancer every 15.6 minutes
- Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men after skin cancer
- If detected & treated early, prostate cancer has a 95 percent success rate
- While there are cases of prostate cancer showing up in younger men, it is recommended that men begin an annual screening at age 50 and at the age of 40 if there is a family history
Movember tries to put a ‘fun twist’ on such serious issues of prostate cancer for the month of November by using the moustache as a motivator and conversation piece to encourage men to discuss their health more openly and take necessary action for any concerns. Movember has become a global program with many events making mega dollars to be allocated to research that supports the Global Action Plan.
Chart from Movember.com
Whether you’re just growing a moustache, choosing to attend a Movember event or actually creating an event to show support and raise funds, your participation and involvement in Movember at whatever level will make a difference. Wouldn’t it be great to know you helped to make that difference!
Create your party on Eventastic and support Movember. Add a guest funding or donation button to your event page and even those who are unable to attend will be able to give to your cause.