I have had the great pleasure on several occasions to attend Silent Auctions at various sporting charity galas (sometimes to my husband’s dismay) and have had great fun browsing the items and attempting to out bid other bidders for items I simply MUST HAVE. Whether they be items relating to decor, sporting memorabilia, art, and personals like jewelry and gift baskets; there are always several items that draw a lot of attention causing great excitement in the room. On more than one occasion, my husband has pulled up the car following a Silent Auction to help load all our new treasures. The drive home is often a mix of our excitement and satisfaction in how we were able to give to the cause and how we had a bidding war with Mr. or Mrs ______ on a certain item.
New Technology for Silent Auctions
As an advocate for Silent Auctions, I worked closely with the Eventastic development team to create an effortless way for event organizers to include silent auctions as part of their fundraiser. Eventastic’s Silent Auction Feature allows people to browse & get excited about silent auction items months prior to the event while viewing the organizer’s ticketing page holding all event details.
By creating your FREE account with Eventastic.com and utilizing the Silent Auction feature, you will:
- 1.Not need additional people to staff the event
- 2.Provide sponsors far more visibility
- 3.Auto generate bid sheets and details
- 4.Give participants the opportunity to view items prior to the event
- 5.Totally streamline the payment process
- 6.Avoid line ups and cash out chaos
Tips to a Successful Silent Auction
We know that every fundraising dollar is a struggle. Silent Auctions are held to maximize revenue for a fundraising event. Your goal is to make as much money for your worthy cause as you can and have participants leave the event happy so they will look forward to a future similar event.
Tips to host a successful silent auction:
- 1.Keep it simple for participants both to participate and cash out
- 2.Offer information about the silent auction far in advance
- 3.Display a list of silent auction items prior to the event to stir excitement
- 4.Highlight sponsors’ names with each item giving them more visibility prior to and throughout the event (more likely to donate again at future events)
- 5.Have a variety of items available for auction that appeal to various ages, interests and genders
- 6.Have an energetic clear speaking person to MC the event
- 7.Use a projector and screen to optimize communication and create excitement
If you’re thinking of having a silent auction at your event Eventastic.com is the event platform to use.
Simplify the silent auction process with Eventastic
Eventastic offers creative ticketing experiences for participants. It is a stand alone solution bundled with a vast array of event planning tools using innovative technology. Have your participants eager for this and next years event and maximize your ability to increase revenue! FREE for FREE events! FREE for you when you pass along our low fees to purchasers.
Plus now you can sign up for our PRO Branded Version for only $1/month licensing fee and receive more ticketing type options, have funds flow directly to you, receive a branded listings page displaying all your offerings linkable to your website, custom registration forms and MORE! Click here to get started.