Dare I say that summer will be over before we know it. With back to school advertisements gracing newspapers and store windows we are reminded that summer sports camps will end soon. End of season sporting tournaments and playoffs will occur and you know what that means?
IT’S PARTY TIME!
It’s time for coaches to acknowledge the players’ efforts; the wins, the losses and celebrate the sporting season that brought so much fun and enjoyment for all involved. Celebrating the end of the season with a party brings everyone together in a relaxed setting where acknowledgments can be made and awards distributed. Add some drinks and great food and you’ll be talking about next year’s plans before you know it!
Get Started With An End of Season Party
1. Guest List – Decide if the party will include player’s parents (or spouses if relevant).
2. Venue – Whether a restaurant, park atmosphere, home or otherwise, ensure there is room for all and reservations are made in advance if required.
3. Food – Consider what the players would prefer and budget. Are you looking at having a casual potluck, delivery service (pizza, wings), catered get-together or restaurant menu. I love the idea of having a team pic applied to the top of a cake or cupcakes decorated with mini soccer balls or team colours to keep with the team sporting theme.
4. Awards/Acknowledgments – This is a great opportunity to hand out awards and acknowledgments whether done in fun or a more serious nature. Printed certificates and/or trophies are a great touch. Don’t forget parents who have been of special assistance throughout the season.
5. Season Highlights – Great time to talk about season highlights and better yet show photos and video clips to further celebrate the past weeks.
6. Entertainment – Depending on the amount of time you have allotted for the party you may wish to consider entertainment in the form of music & games to keep the party going.
Eventastic is your perfect online party tool! Your party invite will not only allow you to share all party details but give you special photo sharing and video technology options thus providing team members the gift of ongoing team memories. Start Now!