With every sports season comes the craze of fantasy sport leagues. Whether it is football, hockey, baseball or any other sport, these fantasy sport lovers are looking forward to kicking off their league with an official draft party!
As a venue owner, you have a unique opportunity to appeal to these league commissioners. Not only are they on the hunt for a suitable venue, they are also looking to keep organizing quick and simple. As much as some of the commissioners would like, organizing a fantasy league is not their day job, so saving time and decreasing effort is definitely appealing.
The affiliate advantage
If you have a venue suitable for a fantasy draft party, consider becoming an affiliate and earn a percentage of ticket sales from each fantasy draft party you host in house. Here’s how:
- Sign up as an affiliate(http://www.eventastic.com/becomeanaffiliate)
- Book a fantasy draft party at your venue
- Give organizers access to Eventastic’s free marketing tools and event website
Commissioners – use Eventastic to reduce planning hassles
An event website can take a lot of pressure off the commissioners during fantasy season. As an affiliate, you will be able to offer the use of Eventastic’s event management tool to all of your commissioners. For commissioners, it truly simplifies their planning experience as they can:
- Create an event page to manage RSVPs and collect the buy in for the draft
- Send a video invitation to the event
- Create tickets for the draft party opt-in and any additional draft party costs such as food, drinks and raffles
- Track RSVP’s, opt-ins and create excitement with comments, photo sharing and video messages
- Cash out with an email transfer to your account
- Create sub events throughout the season to keep the league active
Turn your venue into a fantasy-friendly atmosphere
Many fantasy commissioners are expanding their horizons for draft party locations. A popular trend has led to many participants set on seeking unique venues as well as sport bars. Venues that offer private party rooms are attractive because it makes hosting a draft much more organized and gives all team managers a chance to speak up and see the draft board.
If your venue has private party rooms, transforming it into a sports zone can be easy.
- To start, offer incentives. Include deals specifically for draft parties, such as discounts on platters and pitchers like a fantasy platter suitable for 10 guests making food decisions easy. Additionally, supplying a draft package including a board, posters, markers, etc. is also a great incentive for commissioners to select your venue for their party.
- Create an atmosphere. Make sure there is a TV in the room – no matter what time the draft party is, there is likely a game on or reviews and highlights about the games. Add sports paraphernalia – this helps get the team members excited for the season!
- Have them back to watch games. Make sure everyone enjoys their time during the draft and invite them to come back and watch season games – perhaps it could be a weekly thing! Getting the team together increases rivalry and makes the fantasy league very exciting and fun! Commissioners can continue to have fun and banter by creating sub events of their initial launch party!
Becoming an affiliate for Eventastic can boost your venue reservations during the fantasy draft seasons and gives you a competitive edge by offering solutions to improve the planning experience for commissioners.