Networking in business, while not a new concept, has changed over the last few years with new technology available online to have people connect with similar businesses and potential customers. Networking face-to-face however continues to be an advantageous method for many in business to join with like-minded people and gain exposure both personally and work related. You have the opportunity to recognize, learn more about and in turn act on business opportunities relevant to your company and the community you are close with. More and more larger cities are promoting networking events of this nature and businesses and corporations are taking advantage of these opportunities in their regions and communities.
I have had the opportunity over the years of attending networking events for those connected to the wedding, high tech and event industries and found them to be inspiring, rich in information and helpful in the growth of the business. What an amazing opportunity to have a focussed time where people relevant to my industry come together to share ideas, what they do, what they offer and how we can possibly work together to offer better services. Building relationships through networking events with others in your community on a face-to-face basis can be a very positive experience for outreach and company growth. Establishing a business rapport with those connected with your industry over drinks, appetizers, discussions and handshakes may seem cumbersome to some but the reality is that there is something to be said with human contact and eye-to-eye introductions.
If your community offers these opportunities it is wise to take advantage and partake in meeting other business people in your field. It’s amazing what you can learn and how you can benefit from meeting people in a relaxed atmosphere and what new relationships grow through face-to-face contact and discussion.
If organizing a networking event in your own community we invite you to use Eventastic to promote and sell tickets for your event, as well as feature and thank your sponsors all in one easy to use online feature rich platform.
How would you like to share your ticketing or registration options quickly and easily through your own website without bouncing purchasers to other websites to complete transactions? Want to raise your SEO and keep visitors on your site?
Eventastic always offers you the option to create and share a ticketing/registration page with multiple marketing features by simply inserting the link to your page in your website but did you know we also offer a quick & simple 5 step ticket creation method allowing you to utilize the Ticketing Kiosk for incidences where you just want a popup window displaying only your ticketing options.
Your website may already show all the necessary information they’ll need to sell them on your offering and all you need is the vehicle for them to make the purchase while maintaining their interest in your site. We can offer you that! You may decide to use your social media channels to steer people to your own website to view the offering info and purchase without all the bells and whistles offered through a full marketing/ticketing page. You’ve added the button “Get tickets” or “What’s Happening” and you simply need the link to ticketing where the registrant will easily click and purchase right on your website.
Eventastic software offers an option where you insert the link to the ticketing you create into your website so just a simple popup kiosk window displaying only your ticketing appears. No bouncing people to other websites to purchase and you raise your SEO! Plus, we’ve got a shortcut for you to create ticketing in 5 easy steps when wanting to utilize only the popup Ticketing Kiosk. Here’s how:
- Click ‘Create’ to begin and name your event or offering. This name will appear on the ticket type you create under the key photo on the ticket. A page will open giving you options to edit various sections if using the full marketing ticketing page but for just the Ticketing Kiosk continue reading below.
- Hover over the small square default photo and edit to add your key logo or photo which will appear on all tickets created.
- Click ‘Edit’ in ‘The Details’ section of the opened page. A popup template will appear where you’ll click to add the location, date, time and ‘capacity’ if relevant to your offering. The location, date and time will appear on your ticketing. The capacity will be relevant to add if you create a ticket that applies to capacity so you won’t oversell your event. The description section is not necessary to fill out if only creating tickets to share and sell and disregarding use of the full marketing page.
- Turn ‘Ticketing/Transaction’ ON and your ticketing management page will open where you’ll create your ticket types with options of stipulating ticket name, selling dates and times, description to appear on the ticket, promo code & registration form options along with other choices like passing along ticketing & credit card fees and even taxes if applicable to the purchaser leaving you no cost.
- Click the “Online Ticket Kiosk” button at the bottom of the ticketing manager page to retrieve the shareable link to your newly created tickets to insert into your website and even share through email & social media channels to start selling or taking registrations.
Eventastic software has been designed with your needs in mind providing new agile bendable products for your business, organization or attraction. No other software in the industry offers such a vast array of unique services, low pricing and customizable sales & marketing tools. With our new technology & your awesome branding the possibilities are endless. Click here to learn more about our PRO Licence for you to own your own branded ticketing & registration software for as low as $1/month! PLUS receive your own linkable search page holding all your offerings making it easy for people to view & process their transactions through your own website with funds going directly to you!
So You Signed Up For Eventastic’s Branded Ticketing And Registration? Let’s Get Started!
Your Account is Already Set Up & Ready For You
When you signed up as a Pro-Licence Branded client on Eventastic.com, an email was sent to you indicating a Branded account was created for you and all funds through transactions made on your branded ticketing and registration platform will now flow directly to you! Within that email was a custom branded client webpage link linking you to your Branded Ticketing Platform! The email you used to sign up automatically made you the admin of your account. (If you want more admins added you must contact our office for those additions to be made)
How You Get Started
In order to begin using all your new innovative marketing and management tools simply click the custom ‘new user’ link that was emailed to you by our admin office. It should appear like “your business name.eventastic.com” (If you have misplaced the email with your branded user link then please contact our office & we’ll resend it to you.) This link will always be the gateway to your branded ticketing and registration platform and you will no longer sign into Eventastic to create your ticketing or registration pages!
Enter your custom URL, Sign In and you’ll be directed to your new branded search and listings landing page. From this page you’ll be able to adjust your account information and create full marketing ticketing and registration pages as needed or utilize the ticketing kiosk where only your ticketing options appear without all the bells and whistles. If pages created are clicked to be ‘open’ for public viewing they will appear on your branded search/listings page in the form of clickable cards allowing transactions to be made.
Your Search/Listings Page will Appear Like This:
- Click ‘Account’ in the top bar to enter your general account info like name, logo, business description (once complete, the pages you create will have the ‘Contact’ section auto-load with your info)
- Click ‘Create’ when ready to start creating a micro-site page. As your pages are created they will appear in your micro-site pages list for editing purposes or to check your transaction dashboard.
- As micro-sites are created and if made to be open to the ‘Public’ you will see the clickable cards appear on your search page. If your search page has more than one card listed we suggest sharing the link to your search page to allow registrants or purchasers to see all your offers and then choose what they are interested in. See example below:
Your individual ticketing/registration page created will be your micro-website for marketing and managing all aspects of what you’re offering. Selling tickets? Taking registrations? Sharing an agenda or listing speakers? Sell gift certificates? Accepting donations or crowdfunding for a cause? Want to share a personalized video message? Whatever the bells and whistles you decide to add to your microsite, you’ll be able to share either your individual page link or your full search page link through email and/or all social media channels to get the word out fast. Link your search page directly to your own website for even more traction! PLUS, when you click to make your page ‘open’ to the public it will be auto-loaded to Eventastic’s Listings HUB for even more added exposure!
We’re always available to answer your questions! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist!
Hope this has been helpful! Looking forward to continuing to offer great online tools and tips serving your ticketing & registration needs.
We know you’re busy but take a moment to see if Eventastic’s online ticketing and registration software may be more innovative and helpful than what you are currently using.
Does your ticketing software give you this?
- Do they allow you to combine ticket and voucher options in order to sell such things like admission along with food/drink options in one Combo priced ticket delivering your ticket and voucher automatically online?
- Do they empower others to sell your tickets and vouchers through their own customized links online thus stimulating an auto calculated commission on only the new trackable business they bring in which results in extra sales without you having to lower your prices?
- Do they position your ticketing with other industry tickets to create a bundle package that stimulates new sales and makes your products more attractive like your museum ticket and hotel room in one transaction? Automatically get paid along with your offer partner!
- Do they automatically hide your Early Bird ticketing and display new pricing without having to watch and manually change the date yourself? Never miss that deadline again!
- Do they allow you to create a promo code for your sponsors that automatically changes the message printed on your tickets when used to thank them for their generous commitment to your organization or offer other promotional messaging? Sponsors love this.
- Do they offer a weekly pass with multiple day redemption allowing registrants/purchasers to see several events or sites within your venue and control access at every point that day and for a week? Tracking software tells you when they scanned to avoid fraud.
- Do they give you a free micro website to promote and carry your tickets along with crowd funding and ecommerce options in a user friendly easily managed package?
- Do they provide a simple, straight to the point ticket window kiosk directly from your tickets to be linked on your own website or through all your social media channels?
- Do they allow you to generate serious revenue by adding your sponsors and supporters as advertisers to auto collect funds and allow them to do the heavy lifting of adding the ad in order for you to stay true to your core business and just watch the money flow in monthly?
- Do they NOT charge you a fee for every ticket that goes out the door? We win in volume, you win every day when you pass along fees to the customer and end up with no costs.
- Do they make sure your branding is on everything the attendee sees from start to end showing strength and structure of your organization? Get Branded for only $1/month!
We offer you all these and more!
Check us out at Eventastic.com. Got questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
Looking forward to providing you great tools to market and manage all your ticketing and registration needs.
I really don’t need a reason to have a party. Planning a get-together with friends to celebrate life is good enough for me and when a cause arises to plan an event whether small or larger magnitude it’s fun to jump in with both feet when you have the right tools at your fingertips. Whether community, business or personally based, being able to successfully plan, implement and track the information needed not only for this but also future parties is critical and we’ve created five steps to help you with your event planning.
Let’s Start Planning
- Decide On The Theme And Nature Of Your Event. Who will be invited and how many you’ll be able to house are factors to consider. Is this a personal, business or community function? A party of 20 close friends is way different than a bash for a couple hundred at a local venue and will subsequently involve way different decisions to be made. A themed event is fun when scheduled close to a community or seasonal celebration. Always remember when considering numbers for your event, often only 3/4 or even 1/2 of those invited will actually attend depending on time of year, nature of the event and even other events or seasonal celebrations occurring at that time so pad your invite list to compensate for those who may not be able to attend.
- Consider Your Party Budget. Is it just you or a team of people planning this event? Will the party involve monies in order to implement successfully and what is that realistic number? Consider costs for things like venue, decor, food, drink, entertainment, photographer, security etc and have those discussions early in the planning stages. Will the organizers themselves be contributing or will you be charging enough to attend the event to help with costs? Do you have a dollar amount you’d like to raise to then give to a needed cause? With Eventastic you can create your tickets and choose to have the guest incur transaction fees thus allowing the organizer to retain full ticket value.
- Pick A Venue. If not your home, pick the place that will be able to hold your attendee number goal comfortably. Better not to choose a venue which can hold 300 for a party of 100. You want your party to present full and not sparse which could give guests the impression that many didn’t ‘show’. Choose a place that will allow for activities and event ideas and activities you have in mind in terms of decor, entertainment, age relevance and easy access. Also, consider choosing a venue where guests will not have to taxi long distances at the end of the evening.
- Create An Experience. These days it’s all about the guest ‘experience’. You’ll want them talking well after the event so create an experience that they’ll remember and share with others. Add some decor pizzazz whether through lighting, decorations and cool niches where guests can stand or sit to chat. Food and drink options and choices are important considerations. Open bar? Signature specialty drinks? Circulating appetizers? Bowls of pretzels, chips and popcorn? Buffet? Ensure guests have easy access to what you offer for food and drink. Nice to have multiple bar options for large events to avoid long lineups of people trying to get drinks and not able to enjoy the fun with their friends. Clean well stocked bathrooms are a must! Choose entertainment to fit your budget yet provide an experience to be enjoyed by all. Whether DJ, live band, iPod playlist or karaoke, have music to coincide with your theme yet interspersed with classic favourites. Add a photographer to the mix so your party will live on.
- Market , Implement & Track. It’s easy now to market, get the word out and track responses about your party or large event if you take advantage of the right online tools providing features you’ll need and relish for its success. The added cost factor of printing tickets is not necessary today and the additional manpower and energy required to distribute info, sell and collect monies is a thing of the past for those who take advantage of time and cost saving online tools. Creative use of photos and video can serve to give the guest a taste of what they will experience in attending the event as well as highlight special guests, entertainers and even event sponsors. Collect attendee info and now save and track key information by adding questions to your ticketing that guests will need to respond to prior to checkout. Chicken or fish? Do you have any allergies we need to be aware of?
Eventastic provides organizers with simple to use, free online event planning tools helping to augment their success! Designed to help you creatively market and manage your events, people worldwide are now using Eventastic features and tools like registration/ticketing, donation and guest funding options, item and service sales options, photo and video upload capability and gamification options along with a full dashboard giving instant updates with guest or participant responses. Once complete you simply share your custom event page link by email, or posting to any social media channel relevant to the audience you are hoping to attract. Add all your social media feeds to your event page allowing viewers to easily follow or like your pages. Remember to add an event hashtag to your event page to assist with the event buzz you’re looking for before, during and after the event. Start creating your party experience and buzz well before the event to intrigue guests to commit. Try it now for free!
We all know the importance of attending business networking events to increase visibility of your company as well as add a face and handshake with those your are meeting possibly for the first time. How many times have you attended an event and went to give one of your business cards to someone and find you are out? If properly prepared you’ll avoid writing your name and number on a napkin found close by, hoping the recipient doesn’t use it for other purposes.
How to prepare for your next business networking event
There are a few things you can do to prepare when planning on attending a business networking event. We’ve come up with our top 10 tips to help you be prepared for your next.
- Have a ‘Quick Pitch’ of your business prepared to share, along with who you are and your relation to the company
- Be prepared to speak on 1 or 2 key factors which may separate your business from other like businesses
- Be aware of your business’ needs in the community and with who at the event may be helpful to connect
- Presentation is important so arrive in smart casual attire with a positive attitude and smile on your face
- Keep conversations relatively short to allow yourself and others time to circulate & don’t be afraid to excuse yourself to move on to others
- Have your businesses cards printed and prepared to share in a designated pocket for quick access
- Carry a pen to make short reminder notes on cards of those you meet
- Take the time to not only meet circulating attendees but also the exhibitors at the event as they may also introduce you to other key players
- Recognize that even those attendees you view as not having an obvious reason for connection could be a stepping stone to someone who could use your service.
- Tell friends and business associates of the event in order to help build more relationships in the business community
Judy Bird is a blogger and social media specialist for Eventastic. Please check out more blog articles here and follow Judy’s tweets @Eventastic
Eventastic is an online ticketing and registration platform helping organizers worldwide create, manage and market their parties and events and allowing for guest funding, donations/fundraising as well as merchandise sales. Take advantage of tools like applying custom questions to your event registration helping to gather information pertinent to your business or event success. Free for free events!