What is Caribana?
Caribana is a fabulous festival of Caribbean culture and traditions celebrated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada every year since 1967, Canada’s Centennial year. It was originally performed as a gift from the West Indian community in Canada to reflect Carnival events that take place in Trinidad and Tobago. Caribana launches this year on July 8, 2014 and promises a 3-week cultural explosion of Caribbean music, cuisine and performing arts.
Caribana Highlights for 2014.
Celebrating its 47th anniversary this year, Caribana will be highlighting several events of interest including:
- Official Launch – July 8, 2014 – Nathan Phillips Square – 12pm – 2pm & 4pm – 8pm, Free for All!
- Opening Service – July 13, 2014 – Church of the Nativity – 10am, Free for All!
- Junior Carnival – July 19, 2014 – Neilson Park – 11am – 6pm, Free Event!
- Festival Gala – July 25, 2014 – Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex – 5:30pm – 2am, Cocktails, Dinner, Awards, After Party
- King & Queen Competition & Show – July 31, 2014 – Allan Lamport Stadium – 7pm – 12am, Singles, Couples, Family, Dance
- Diamond Fashion Show – July 31, 2014, Included in Most Unique Destination Events Wknd Package or sold separately.
- Summer Slamm – August 1, 2014 – Wilson Ave. Outdoor Arena – 7:30pm – 11pm
- Jab Jab J’Ouvert – August 1, 2014 – Wilson Ave. Outdoor Arena – 11pm – 4:30am
- Cabana Pool Party – August 1, 2014, Included in Most Unique Destination Events Wknd Package
- Grand Parade – August 2, 2014 – Exhibition Place & Lakeshore Blvd – 9am – 6pm, Free & Paid Event; $5 Early Bird
- Socialites Caribana Ball – August 2, 2014, Included in Most Unique Destination Events Wknd Package
- Carnival Island – August 3, 2014 – Olympic Island – 12pm
Never a dull moment, with over a million people expected to attend this years festivities, don’t delay in marking your calendars and booking your overnight stay!
Most Unique Destination Events Packages.
Eventastic is excited to support Most Unique Destination Event’s Caribana VIP Weekend Packages running from Thursday July 31 – Saturday August 3, 2014. You will experience excitement, entertainment, cultural experiences and more fun than imaginable with package options including accommodation at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, welcome gift, bottle of wine, event options and transportation to the events.
Explore the package details and read more on the Networking Happy Hour, Diamond Fashion Show, Cabana Pool Party, Street Party and Socialites Caribana Ball by clicking here!