The Weekend Is Here!
What a wonderful time of year with people planning summer outings and party invites flying around for backyard barbecues and fun with friends. Cottage country is hopping with fun loving people beaching it or cruising to one another’s cottages in boats of all sizes, shapes and speeds. Patios are packed with patrons loving the opportunity to wine and dine outdoors with others feeling the same enthusiasm. Campgrounds are filled with people needing to embrace the open air and out-of-doors environment. Yes…It’s a great feeling!
Get away for the weekend!
Who doesn’t like to plan a weekend away during the summer months to spend time with friends or family and wind down for a few days! Whether camping or cottaging there is a basic list of items I always consider as necessities to help make my weekend more enjoyable.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Check the long range forecast and then be prepared for anything is my moto! You can pack light but still be prepared for colder temperatures which you’re bound to experience this time of year later in the evenings while sitting around a campfire
- Personal Accessories – Sunglasses, water bottle, appropriate footwear, hat, camera, cellphone, chargers, comb/brush, shampoo, soap, lotions, towels, deodorant, floss, toothpaste, shaver/gel, toilet paper
- Entertainment Items – Deck of cards, music & portable speakers, games, football, volleyball, book of ghost stories, magazines/novel for quiet moments
- Location Necessities – Depending on where you are going/staying; tent, sleeping bag, bedding, pillow, BBQ, propane, lawn chairs, campfire wood, utensils
- Medications/First Aid Items – Remember personal meds, antihistamine for allergies, pain reliever, antacid, bug spray, bandages, antibacterial lotion and spray
- Food and Cooking Tools – Check with ‘party coordinator’ on what is needed or would be helpful. Aside from main meals you’ll need to consider snacks and drinks. Paper towels, garbage bags and resealable plastic bags are always helpful.
If you are planning a weekend get away with friends, Eventastic offers a great online platform where you can create your party invite with picture, video and photo sharing options PLUS when guests use the registration option on the site they can message back with things they plan to bring such as potluck items or otherwise. The photo sharing option will be lots of fun for weeks following the party as friends share their pictures of the memories made.
Have a great weekend!