We all know the importance of attending business networking events to increase visibility of your company as well as add a face and handshake with those your are meeting possibly for the first time. How many times have you attended an event and went to give one of your business cards to someone and find you are out? If properly prepared you’ll avoid writing your name and number on a napkin found close by, hoping the recipient doesn’t use it for other purposes.
How to prepare for your next business networking event
There are a few things you can do to prepare when planning on attending a business networking event. We’ve come up with our top 10 tips to help you be prepared for your next.
- Have a ‘Quick Pitch’ of your business prepared to share, along with who you are and your relation to the company
- Be prepared to speak on 1 or 2 key factors which may separate your business from other like businesses
- Be aware of your business’ needs in the community and with who at the event may be helpful to connect
- Presentation is important so arrive in smart casual attire with a positive attitude and smile on your face
- Keep conversations relatively short to allow yourself and others time to circulate & don’t be afraid to excuse yourself to move on to others
- Have your businesses cards printed and prepared to share in a designated pocket for quick access
- Carry a pen to make short reminder notes on cards of those you meet
- Take the time to not only meet circulating attendees but also the exhibitors at the event as they may also introduce you to other key players
- Recognize that even those attendees you view as not having an obvious reason for connection could be a stepping stone to someone who could use your service.
- Tell friends and business associates of the event in order to help build more relationships in the business community
Eventastic is an online ticketing and registration platform helping organizers worldwide create, manage and market their parties and events and allowing for guest funding, donations/fundraising as well as merchandise sales. Take advantage of tools like applying custom questions to your event registration helping to gather information pertinent to your business or event success. Free for free events!