Spring is coming! The snow will be melting away, the early birds will be chirping and people will be excited about getting outdoors whether it’s to do yard cleanup, go for walks and chat with neighbours they haven’t seen over the winter months.
Many neighbourhood associations, whether formally established as such or simply made out of having a specific list of residents in a particular area encourage parties/events as one of the options to bring people closer together. Getting to know your neighbours is not only advantageous in possibly building new friendships but also encourages information sharing regarding pertinent issues such as crime prevention, neighbourhood projects, traffic issues, etc…
Having a neighbourhood Easter Egg Hunt is just one way a community can get together for fun and leisure so everyone once again becomes familiar with faces (sometimes new over the winter months), names and news. Here are a few simple steps to organizing and accomplishing your neighbourhood Easter egg hunt.
- Establish the people who will organize and buy/hide candy.
- Make your Eventastic online invite including cover photos (neighbourhood kids, Easter candy, theme related, etc.), fun video option, event details (including the where, start time, reply by date etc), registration tickets (per child so fee covers cost of candy to be purchased), photo album/sharing so everyone can add photos during and after the event
- Send Eventastic invites page link to all those to be included and shared around
- Establish the number of attendees by the responses and purchase enough wrapped candy (or candy put in the coloured plastic eggs) knowing kids will be finding multiples
- Ensure someone is available to distribute and hide the candy a short time prior to the event and that someone is able to actually start and end the hunt
- Consider a drinks/snacks option on someone’s driveway or in a garage (depending on weather) for fun chatting during and after the event
Having an invite where people can respond and pay online will make your event planning much easier. It can be a tedious/overwhelming job if you have to create/print up and distribute flyers advertising your event, spend time going door to door trying to catch people when they are home and collect and hold all the monies.
We hope you consider using Eventastic for your neighbourhood event!