It’s not unusual to be at a Christmas party during the holiday season and have guests begin talking about seasonal trivia. I have to admit that trivia is absolutely not my forte. It doesn’t seem to matter if you’re talking about songs, movies, celebrities…. I simply don’t seem to have the ability or talent of having instant recall for reciting fine details like that until I get home after the party and then I’m amazing at coming up with all the answers.
I decided to be more party-prepared this year and came up with a list of Christmas trivia questions and answers that will help to make me look like a Christmas trivia rock star! I am sharing the list with you on the off chance that you may have a similar desire to participate in these little party test questions and even present your own.
1. In the classic 1964 “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer” movie, who was the elf that wanted to be a dentist?
2. Who wrote the commonly sung Christmas song “Jingle Bells”?
3. In “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”, what was the Grinch’s dog’s name?
4. How many times does Santa check his “Naughty and Nice” list?
5. NORAD tracks Santa’s sleigh ride every December 24th. What does NORAD stand for?
6. In “Twas The Night Before Christmas”, what was dancing in the children’s heads while nestled all snug in their beds?
7. How many reindeer does Santa use to fly his sleigh Dec. 24th?
8. On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave me what?
9. In “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” 1989 comedy, what were the Griswold children’s names?
10. In the first “Home Alone” movie comedy, 8yr old Kevin was accidentally left behind while his family flew to where?
11. What is the name of the highest-earning Christmas box office movie; making over $260million?
12. What were Frosty the Snowman’s first words upon coming to life?
13. What is Scrooge’s first name in Charles Dicken’s 1843 novel: A Christmas Carol.
14. What colour are mistletoe berries?
15. What drink is also called an “Egg Flip”?
16. From which country does the poinsettia plant originate?
17. What is Chionophobia?
18. What is a male turkey called?
19. Who came up with the idea of electric lights for Christmas Trees?
20. How much does the Swarovski Star weigh at the top of the Rockefeller Christmas tree in mid-town Manhattan in New York City?
As a party host it might be fun to ask the room trivia questions throughout the night and the first person to answer gets a prize … like a Christmas shooter!
Trivia Answers: 1. Hermie; 2. James Lord Pierpont; 3. Max; 4. Twice; 5. North American Defense Command; 6. Visions of sugar-plums; 7. Nine; 8. Five golden rings; 9. Audrey and Rusty; 10. France; 11. How The Grinch Stole Christmas; 12. Happy Birthday; 13. Ebenezer; 14. White; 15. Eggnog; 16. Mexico; 17. The intense fear of snow; 18. A Tom; 19. Thomas Edison’s assistant, Edward Johnson in 1882; 20. 550 pounds(250kg)
Eventastic is designed to help you creatively market and manage your events where guests truly get a feel for what they will experience. People worldwide are now using Eventastic for personal, business and community events and programs. You’ll have access to multiple features like registration/ticketing, donation and guest funding options, item and service sales options, photo and video upload capability, gamification options and a full dashboard to manage all guest or participant responses. Try it now!