The first day of spring for 2014 is Thursday March 20 and if you don’t think I’ll be kicking up my heels and whistling Dixie on that day you are sadly mistaken! The excitement is building. Only a month away, already people are gearing up for Spring which means the planning for Spring and Summer community programming is happening now. Parents are discussing and talking with their kids about what they would like to do over the next 6 months. It’s not just about the kids either. Many adult based programs are also being planned for entertainment as well as educational and recreational purposes.
Camps and Community Programs
- Goals & Objectives – What are you hoping to accomplish?
- Name – Use a short title identifying your program making it easily searchable
- Participants – Your targeted market of clients; gender, age group, specific talents/interests etc..
- Time – Is this a daily, weekly or monthly run program/camp? Certain hours? Overnight camp?
- Venue – Establish where it will take place making it easily accessible to participants
- Requirements List – What will participants need to bring/buy or will they be supplied?
- Photography – Gather and use photos from previous years showing people’s positive experiences
- Advertising -Plan how you will get the word out; social media, email, print, radio, commercial etc…
- Payment – Establish an easy form of payment. Most people prefer to pay online saving them time
Camps and programs offered in your community can be easily showcased online giving potential participants all the information they need to make the decision to view, sign up and pay for your program. Eventastic offers a free website which has so many features which allow you to effectively promote, market, accept payment (visa, mastercard, paypal) and even sell merchandise right on your webpage that is accessible on many devices; computer, iPad, etc. So whether you are promoting by sitting at a table in the mall or in an office you can easily fill in the template and use the ticketing feature for registration so that your customers can easily get the information, make the commitment and pay online and add to their calendar.
Nothing is worse than having your child ask if you registered them up for their summer camp and you realize that the signup deadline is that day! As a mom, I know there were many times I would have loved the option of not only seeing all the details of a program but also signing up and paying right online. If you are are a program participant and don’t have the option of paying online tell the organizers about Eventastic.com today.