Once again I’ve been on a vacation where I’ve seen all the gorgeous bods around the pool and once again I have the goal of getting into better shape for the New Year. Problem is, I’ve made this promise to myself in the past and while I usually will attend the fitness club for the first few weeks of January with great intentions, that’s where it ends.
My many excuses:
- I’m bored
- The gym is overcrowded
- It’s cold/nasty outside and can’t be bothered going out
- I don’t have the time
- It costs too much
- I overdo it and get sore and tired
- Everyone else looks great at the gym
- I own great exercise equipment so I will use it at home
I have tried to analyze what would work to keep my plan of getting fit alive. Since working out does not seem to be a ‘fun’ thing for me, I need to find a reason to keep it interesting and I need a ‘no excuses’ option…
BAM! I came up with a great option to change things up and encourage success! Why not get a few of my friends together who also have the same dilemma (imagine that) and hire a personal trainer to come into my home on a regular basis. Between the group of us we have enough equipment to make this happen such as an elliptical, balance ball, stepper, exercise bands, yoga mats, free weights and a great sound system.
Here’s why my plan will work:
- Personal Trainers are consistent and very flexible with appointments
- They educate and motivate you on an individual basis
- They formulate individualized and effective workouts
- Provide close supervision to avoid injury
- Cost effective exercise when sharing the fee
- Friends keep you accountable but are supportive and encouraging
- Having a girls club will be focused fun
The key for many when wanting to succeed with New Year’s Resolutions is determining what you find helpful/supportive and building that buzz around you. If you’re like me then start now. I’m making an Eventastic.com invite with lots of fun exercise pics and my personal video inviting my choice friends to join in on my great plan. I’ve divided the cost of the Personal Trainer among those invited so they can simply pay right on the invite site and begin their commitment. I even uploaded the fitness schedule for everyone to access.
Good luck with your ‘Get Fit Resolution‘!