Thanksgiving is one of my favourite times of the year; the weather is crisp but not too cold, the leaves have beautiful colours and the whole family is looking forward to getting together. The ‘big event’ on Thanksgiving is to enjoy a delicious meal with your nearest and dearest. While that should be the main event, it’s much more memorable to get the family up off the couch making memories… and building an appetite!
Here are 5 of my family’s favourite Thanksgiving activities:
1. Touch Football – At the park, usually involving a group walk
2. Pillowcase Races – Best for young kids; add some obstacles if adults want to play
3. Pumpkin Bowling – With mini pumpkins; not as easy as it sounds!
4. Board Game Tournament – Have a round robin; it’s a great way to get in one-on-one time
5. Turkey Call Competitions – As individuals or teams; have winners for best, cutest, funniest, loudest, worst, etc.
Remember to have a camera handy to capture all the memories you’ll be making! We’d love to see pics of your family having fun. Share with @eventastic